phenix14

Help Needed Please

phenix14
9 years ago
My Husband and I live in a lovely 2 bed Victorian Terrace. Most of the features have gone, but the cornice is still hanging in there in the front room and hallway, it could do with a touch up, but considering it's age looks good, there's also a simple ceiling rose in the front room. The whole house needs work, we thought it would be best to start at the top and work down but as we need the windows doing that strategy may not work. We both love old style with modern conveniences, other than that we have no idea. Where to even start. I have loads of pictures saved on Houzz as well as loads of mags but some or so different there's no way they'd ever work in one house. Help. Where is it best to start and how do we make sure the house looks whole and together when we're finished. I'm scared we'll end up with a house full of lovely rooms that look like they shouldn't be next to one another. We both have loads of ideas but no idea of where to start or if we should have a overall style or colour scheme to help all the rooms tie in together.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.