marinagaye

Help with lounge please. Colours, lighting, sofas and anything else.

Marina
8 years ago

The curtains and cushions are new. I had hoped they would go with the picture, but it doesn´t quite look right. (Not the end of the world if the picture goes in another room, just difficult to find a replacement we both like). My OH has now decided that there isn´t enough colour in the room. He likes the pink in the picture. I´m wondering if it would look OK to buy pink lampshades? Would this help the picture work?

The standard lamp, I know is too small for the space, so needs to be replaced and there are two table lamps. If I change all three shades it would bring the pink into both ends of the room. If I do this, what would the light be like? We like a nice warm glow, not too dull.I´ve put my fleece over a lamp to give an idea of the colour.

Ideally I would like to change the sofas for new ones in silver grey leather. I´m woried though that one would be too near the log burner. Would it help to protect it if I use a throw over the back of the sofa when the burner is lit? I´m in Spain so log burner season is fairly short. Leather is the most practical material for us as we have two large dogs who rub along the sides and so any sofas need to be cleaned often.

I´m also wondering about the size of the sofas. I´m thinking the one in front of the burner should be a three seater and the one in front of the window, a larger three seater, but how large? Does it need to sit square under the window? If I go much larger, it won´t unless I push the smaller one nearer to the burner and that won´t work.

I would welcome any other ideas for the room please, exept for rugs. Rugs are a no go for me. I have ordered two new glass lamp tables for either end of the sofa under the window, so the horrid temporary ones will go, but I feel that something is missing.

Cariñena · More Info

Cariñena · More Info

Cariñena · More Info

Cariñena · More Info

Cariñena · More Info

Cariñena · More Info

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.