kathleen_brenkley

Need help with Small Bathroom please.

Hi, Would like to change the layout of our small bathroom. Its a typical 3 - bed modern detached house, the bathroom is only 2005 x 1950 cms. Because I have severe forms of Arthritis we had the bath taken out 8 years ago and had a shower cubicle installed, along with a new toilet and a wall hung basin, all good quality fittings. I was not able to get over the side of the bath apart from not being able to sit in it. However, in the last few years I have had 2 knee and 1 hip replacement, The main reason for changing the bathroom now though is to put value back back into the property i.e. making the house appeal to a wider range of buyers, (we may sell in a year or two). We have done everything else to the house.

The floor would come up and was thinking of a combination unit of w.c. and basin which would be fitted to the right of the picture, next to soil stack, a sliding door instead of the present opening one and then a 1500 mm bath would go on the left. These drawings are not to scale of course and are quite rough, I have done a scale drawing and a bath would fit. There is presently a lot of unused space, but ........

do you think its not a great idea to cram so much into a small space as this? can it be done do you think?

And if there are any fitters who could estimate a ball park cost for the conversion (not including the bath and combination unit ) I would be extremely grateful

Thanks

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.