Adding colour to a white kitchen - blue window frames or ceilings?
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Should we put a dark blue kitchen unit in a low ceiling room?
Comments (5)Are you going for standard height worktops? If so, I think it will be fine as the units will be just over a 1/3 of the wall height (things on walls seem to work better when in 1/3s or 2/3rds rather than splitting a wall in half). I would either paint the walls and ceilings the same colour or just go a shade or 2 lighter on the ceiling than the walls so you're not creating contrast. I've found this kitchen which I'm guessing is a similar height https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/kitchen-tour-modern-rustic-style-in-a-country-cottage-kitchen-stsetivw-vs~87744878...See MoreWall colour to go with Pointing and Hague Blue kitchen units
Comments (8)Now I think you have a good point there. Choosing a deeper neutral sounds good. I’m a fan of colour and I have a Dulux minty green in my kitchen, F&B Cromarty in my sitting room, Dulux Egyptian Cotton in the bedroom and aqua in the other bedroom. All these shades are soft though so not garish, apart from a navy feature wall in kitchen. Dulux do some lovely neutral shades like Perfectly Taupe, Chic Shadow and Polished Pebble. Of course colours are affected by the light in the room and those sort of shades can look a bit grim in a dark north facing room. PERFECTLY TAUPE CHIC SHADOW POLISHED PEBBLE...See MoreWall colours in a white gloss kitchen
Comments (24)I'd been thinking about getting an island unit from ikea, the tornviken which has a wooden top and is painted grey and perhaps paint to bring in a bit of a pop of colour (a bit obsessed with mustard tones at the moment). The white gloss kitchen frustrates me - i'm just not a big gloss fan, but it was a developer finish before i purchased it from the first owners and financially not in a position to rip it out at the moment. Think is need to go more muted on the walls now if I have the purple tile and possible 'pop' island. Toying with the likes of this dulux shade...See MoreBlack Window Frames White or black inside frame?
Comments (9)I have what you describe in my modern industrial conversion. We bought the house when it was completed. I have been here almost two years and at first I did wish I had crittal black window frames. Now I am glad they are white. I also think you have to consider the light and you will get a much lighter airier feeling from having white inside. It also depends on what colours you are plannning to paint the inside. Ours is mostly white and soft neutrals (paint) so black would be too much of a contrast. Enki, Scandinavian Living and Nordic Living are readily available and illustrate what you are considering. They might be helpful. Another factor is the interior design. Think about the style you prefer. That would also influence your choice. I would also consider window treatments as that is a factor too. Have a look at the Modern House Scotland properties for sale....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago





Hutsly