minnie101

Paint/render help

minnie101
7 years ago

We're looking to paint the exterior of our house as soon as it's warm enough. I've tried a few testers, all of them pale, warm stone type colours and they're reading as very blue/violet, even more so than the pic shows. However none of the paints actually contain any blue pigment.. There is clearly an issue with the render as painted cards held up to the painted render are showing as expected. There is an issue with the paint chalking on the exposed walls so I think the walls need stabilising. I've acquired some Thompson's water seal to see if applying that and testing the paints again will make a difference. However the water seal states do not use on painted surfaces and overpainting is not recommended. Is there another product I could use and does anyone have any idea as to why the paints are turning blue?? It's an early-mid 19th century timber framed building which looks to have been rendered in a cement render. FYI Walls will be stabilised professionally once we finalise quotes, this is just for testing purposes! I just need to ensure I get the colour correct as the house is listed. Thanks

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.