What size shower will fit in my bathroom
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Fitted or wall mounted bathroom furniture?
Comments (8)Hi. I agree that the space saving stuff is nasty. As well as being ubiquitous, it looks cheap (overly fussy cabinet doors made out of something plastic-y... I don't understand why someone hasn't designed something better). Anyway, wall hung units look sharper and it is really easy to clean the floors. Also, provided the door doesn't bash into that unit, you can fit just as much in two deep drawers than you can in three skinny cabinets. That said, assuming we are looking at the longer wall you have (196) then I would move the toilet over more toward the pillar (the pillar doesn't look deep enough to interrupt the actual bowl of the toilet) and get a 90cm vanity and sink in there, flush against the wall next to the door. I have a bathroom of almost the same width and I have a round mirror above the 90 cm vanity so it isn't shoved up against the wall and have a wall light either side of the mirror. There is plenty of room around the loo and there is ample storage (I have a freestanding cabinet that has little legs and two cupboard doors and a sink mounted on the top so that my tall partner can shave and brush his teeth without all the evidence going all around the bathroom)....See MoreCalling Bathroom Experts ! ..bathroom saga.
Comments (17)Update -- my plumber finally returned. Not sure what he did while here, but he told me again it wasn't working -- then he did some work on a radiator which had a small leak. We were having a long discussion about options on pumps, new showers, taps etc and I read out the installation guide and he tried it again, and suddenly it worked. It is bizarre as I don't know how many times i tried it previously. My friend who works in construction ALSO called earlier today and tried it several times to no avail. It must have been extremely stiff or perhaps the plumber realised some airlock whilst fixing the radiator since I think water pressure is much stronger since he went. Thanks for everyones help -- i learned lots on plumbing and a valuable lesson to take out the installation manuals myself and not trust that trades men know everything!!! I feel like celebrating!!...See MoreFitting a new shower in existing bathroom
Comments (5)I think you could change the shower enclosure and tray quite easily. Grouting can also be spruced up by scrubbing with bleach and a small brush/toothbrush. Leave it for a few minutes and then scrub and rinse. Tile shops are full of beige/brown tiles so I’m sure you could find similar in case any get broken. If you want a good choice of showers go to either a bathroom specialist or a plumbers merchant (no showrooms but huge range!). I’ve never used bushboard but it looks good. They’re like big sheets of waterproof boards to line the shower with. Yes a full refurb is expensive. Mine cost £6000 all in, phew! This is bushboard and it comes in several shades....See MoreShower head size and bathroom size
Comments (6)It’s to the centre of the head, so will be pretty much in the middle of the shower tray if fitted to the side wall. Surely that’s where you want it?...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago





User