murphy_central

Kitchen diner living and utility room layout dilemma!

The Murphys
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello, we are currently extending to make a large rectangular kitchen/dining/seating area with a utility. There are two windows along one side of the room (which get evening sun and are slightly overlooked by neighbours across the road) and a window and bifold doors to the back garden on the other side (which get morning sun).

We have three outline ideas for layout, but are suffering 'paralysis through analysis' as to which to go for, if any. But we need to order our kitchen and settle on a plan! Apologies for the pencil sketches. Door into kitchen from hall is a bottom right of sketch.

Layout 1

- table and seating area at garden side (but will table and dining chairs feel cramped, or will it be strange/cramped having utility as you walk into the room?)

Layout 2 -

kitchen and seating area at garden side, more sociable space, utility handy for kitchen (but we might feel overlooked at table, and no morning sun at table)

Layout 3

- we like this feeling of space, but maybe utility will be useless as so small and not sure how we can layout the kitchen to fit as so much window along this wall!

All ideas/advice appreciated! Thank you.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.