Living room colour advice please!
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
need advice for my living room paint colour
Comments (2)Hello Umer! Please have a look at some colour pallets. I hope they will help with your decisions ....See MoreLiving room curtain advice please
Comments (13)You need to make a decision. Do you want the fabric to bring colour and pattern to your room or do you want to keep the whole room neutral? If you want pattern, the next decision is what style- check or plaid, stripe, floral or geometric? Then what colour(s). The room, as you point out, is not overly bright, but do you use this room much during the day or is it an evening room? You could opt for deep, rich colour that warms the room at night like burgundy, deep turquoise or terracotta. Adding patterned cushions with similar colours will splash colour around the room. Also, I'd replace the Roman blinds with matching fabric to the curtains, otherwise that will will lack colour. You could make a single curtain for each of those smaller windows in your main fabric and pull it to the side furthest from the fireplace, tied back. As to style, since you don't appear to be overlooked, floor length curtains on the front window and patio doors can be on a 50mm pole extending at least 150mm plus finials each of the windows. To stack them further back extend the pole more, but take care not to have wall showing just before the window recess. Tieing them back would allow more light to come in. Check out readymade by Montgomery https://www.montgomery.co.uk/ready-made-curtains/whitworth-21-duck-egg/9927, John Lewis (Scion Navaho), Terry's Curtains, Heals. If you choose a multi coloured pattern, later changes to your lounge will not necessarily mean that you need to change the curtains. Remember that decorating your home is less about style and more about you and your family. Have fun....See MoreUrgent colour advice: open plan living room-kitchen required, please!
Comments (3)It's really hard to have an opinion on a screen............uinfortunately, colours just look different to people as the colours on their screens differ from one another.......does that make sense. I can tell you however, having used Dusted Moss 2 & 3 on many occasions, that it is a lot more green than it looks on your chart above, which looks grey. It has grey tones, but as the name suggests it is a green. Dulux is for sure, lovely paint,. The colour charts however, aren't so accurate and the paint mixing compared to the colour cards is also not that accurate. I always suggest to people to go get colour cards and testers and paint at least an A4 piece of paper with 2 or 3 coats. Move the paper around as the paint changes with the light in differing positions. Probably not what you want to hear, but you can't choose paint from a computer screen and hope for any accuracy at all. I now prefer Valspar ( B&Q ), used to be Crown. The colour matching is phenomenal. The accuracy to the cards is spot on, and the paint is good. I used to be a Dulux everything fan................but since discovering Valspar I have been converted....See MoreDecorating advice for a family living room please!
Comments (5)Hope you don’t mind me saying, but the room is rather cluttered. There also seems too many different materials and styles - wood, metal, rustic, Art Deco. Is there anything you particularly love in the room? I would remove the shelf below the mirrors, have one large mirror above the unit. The bookcase does need decluttering - keep the books you love and give the rest to charity. That’s what I do. I have two large bookcases, but when they start to look a bit messy I donate the read ones to charity. Create more gaps in the bookcase and you could use some of the accessories from the shelf into the bookcase. I think a nice sage green on the walls would be lovely. It will go beautifully with your raspberry and black (or is it brown?) sofas. Something like F&B Mizzle or Cromarty, or Dulux Overtly Olive. Re-carpet with a nice neutral carpet in a soft beige, grey or biscuit. Keep the wooden tables which will go nicely with the green walls. I think the curtains are quite neutral and look absolutely fine. Here’s some pics of what I mean:...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago










Juliet Docherty