sophie_katzaros

Kitchen Paint colours - Please help!

Sophie Katzaros
6 years ago
We are about to rip our old Kitchen out and completely redo the room including plastering walls and ceilings to remove artex, new units, worktop, tiles etc. I have been left with the decision on the paint for the room but as it's our first home and the first room we are tackling I am somewhat overwhelmed by the choices available.

I have been told and read that Dulux Trade is the best option to go for in terms of emulsion. The plan is to paint the base units a mid soft grey tone (like dulux Chic Shadow?) with a white marble effect laminate worktop, Matt metro marble effect tiles and the wall units to be an off white colour. I'm currently trying to decide the difference/pros/cons between Dulux White Mist or Rock Salt for the walls. I'm also unsure whether to opt for Diamond Matt/Vinyl Silk or Diamond Eggshell trade paint finishes!?

That then leaves me with what colour to paint the wall units/ceiling and wood work? There are sooo many options out there and I don't want to end up making the room to bare or feeling stark!

The room is a long Kitchen/Diner South West facing so gets lots of sun in the afternoon and we will be having a white washed Oak wood effect LVT flooring.

Please help a confused newbie with her first design project? Opinions and advice gladly welcomed!

Floor, Wall Tile and Worktop samples attached.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.