webuser_71660

final kitchen cupboard layout etc

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Just finalizing our kitchen layout and I'm struggling to work out the back run ie visual cupboard layout. I'm not that keen on wall cupboards so we will have some more industrial style shelving etc across the back instead with taller units.

We decided to go for a larger American style FF instead of an integrated one (I prefer it boxed in so it looks part of the kitchen rather than freestanding) but wasn't sure

1) if I should have a cupboard above going to the ceiling (we have high ceilings that are 2750) .

2) I wanted it on the left as I felt it looks less cluttered by the doors but the left wall is only 650 deep so it would overhang onto the utility entrance (unless I got a very shallow depth FF which are harder to find??!)

The kitchen designer thinks it's better on the right side, haha. I think because the main walkway in/out of the kitchen would be the left side so he felt it wouldn't block it as much? But then the main traffic door in/out the kitchen is there and it means one wall side will be wider at one end than the other to fit them in.

What do you guys think? Get a shallow FF and put it to the left or better on the right?

I've also just put the 2nd taller larger unit next to it rather than having one tall unit at each end which I prefer visually and it might just be a larder unit with pull outs or house the oven (the oven is currently under the island in the centre!) Anyone hate having an oven at low level?? We are not old yet so it's not an issue for us....

Any thoughts?

Pic is rough mock up alth

ough the hob will be more to the right and the island, not as deep)

Comments (105)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.