heather_bailiff

help with bathroom taps!

Heather
5 years ago

Hi all,

Would appreciate some help with choices for the bathroom, attached is a moodboard (my first attempt apologies!)

We have already ordered the floor tiles (heritage star blue which you can see in the moodboard) and wall tiles are a matt off white rectangular tile that is slightly bumpy, there will be a medium-dark grey grout and a slate coloured tile trim.

We'd really like a wood vanity unit and countertop basin preferably in a darker coloured wood and really like the one shown in the moodboard from bathstore.

We are really stuck with tap choices - we really don't want chrome as would prefer something with a matt or brushed finish, I have put black taps (noir collection from bathstore) on the moodboard but now I think there is too much black! Bit nervous about a copper or brass colour although it would add some warmth but worried it might look a bit naff.

The other thing is that there will inevitably be some chrome in the bathroom (frameless shower enclosure and plugs for bath and sink, also flush on toilet) but we would like everything else (basin and bath taps, shower head, towel radiator) to match in colour/finish - and preferably not be chrome! I'm struggling to achieve this especially when it comes to the towel rail.

I found this brushed steel tap collection: https://www.drench.co.uk/taps/shop-by-finish/brushed-taps which I do like the majority of but I don't like the tall mixer tap for the basin which would be our preference over a wall mounted tap as don't want to have to bring the wall out any more.

Also not sure about the dark shower tray. Plan is for a slate-effect stone resin shower tray (not keen on white acrylic shower trays) and I thought it could complement the slate coloured tile trim nicely but is it a bit much?

I've also attached some pics of the layout of the bathroom - does the wall tiling look ok or would you change it?

Any tap/shower tray advice or just general comments/helpful criticism of moodboard is welcome!

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.