sue_wileman

Kitchen plans - help please!

Sue Wileman
5 years ago
I’m currently working on plans to renovate our 18 year old kitchen and I’m really stuck with the layout, so would really appreciate any advice. The room is 3700 widest at the door end narrowing to 2850 at the window end, and 6000 long. The current layout is an L shape with a separate dresser and our dining table fits well near the window. We had a peninsula in the past and got rid of it as it made the room feel smaller, but I do miss the extra worktop space. The builder is coming in May to vault the ceiling and the windows will then go to the roof in a triangle at the top but with sliding patio doors below, in anthracite.
I’ve tried lots of layouts but can only come up with a like for like replacement - it could be that this is the best solution but I’d like alternatives if possible before I commit...
I really like the painted shaker look probably dark blue and off white, with a wooden floor, and I’m eyeing a Belfast sink. We have an American fridge but all appliances need to be replaced so a clean slate here. I do like range cookers but with only the two of us, is that an indulgence?
I’ll attach some photos and measurements.
Looking at diy-kitchens and 80:20 but open to suggestions.
Many thanks in advance - fingers crossed you’re not all too busy on this lovely Easter weekend!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.