ellie_barrow84

small bathroom layout advice

Ellie Barrow
4 years ago

We are in the process of getting a building warrant to move a wall which would allow for more space for a walk in shower in our small bathroom - see photos.

My dilemma is that we would really like to fit in a Japanese soaking tub along the back wall under the window. However the people helping us to submit the drawings have said that this will not leave enough activity space for the shower and have suggested putting the bath along the left wall (see picture) which only leaves a 527 opening to get through.

In the drawings they have put a rounded shower tray in the space, however we would like this space to be a walk in wet room shower.

I have attached a picture of a wall in shower with half wall - I would like something similar but would have soaking bath built in where the toilet is in this pic!

My question is: if we were to make the entire space in the right corner a walk in wet room, would we still need the activity space where we want to put the bath?

My 2nd question is: how practical is a wet room shower in a first floor flat?

And finally, is there a better design configuration for this bathroom that I’m not seeing?

Any help would be really appreciated! Thank you

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.