antonia_clowes

Marrying Two Different Themes..

Antonia Clowes
4 years ago

Hi there,

We are looking to replace the floorcoverings in the hall, stairs and landing and as we have no door between the hall and the kitchen, have decided to run the same flooring through into the kitchen (and possibly the diner as it's open plan). The difficulty I've now found is that I have styled the living room quite differently to that of the kitchen/dining space and am clueless as to how I can make that work.. I don't feel that what would suit the lounge will suit that of the kitchen/diner and vice versa. Do you think there's a way I could marry the two themes successfully or should I just change the curtains/blind in the kitchen and start again??

Lots to get in this post so apologies if it's a bit confusing! Hopefully it'll make sense.

I've attached a picture of the kitchen/diner set up and a view from the lounge into that space. Hopefully that gives a better idea of the two styles etc.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.