Are dark kitchens going out of fashion?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (32)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Dark kitchens - are they hot or not?
Comments (37)I'm very conflicted, I look at this kitchen and my immediate response is 'wow!' I love all the moody drama and that would usually be enough to convince me. However for once the practicalities are worrying me, my present home is gloomy enough as it is (not my decor but the amount of light it gets!) and I just don't think it could take a dark kitchen despite all the design advice telling me I should embrace the 'cosiness' and paint everything black. Perhaps if my next home is a bit brighter, which I fully intend it will be, I might be able to 'go over to the dark side' :D...See MoreIt’s go, Go ....... GO !!! – Kitchen / Diner project.
Comments (81)Well, the chippies van was up the drive when I got home from work - a little unexpected. At first I thought that he was sleeping with the Mrs, but then I remembered that he needed to finish the skirting boards. He's done a cracking job - quite a few tricky internal/external corners, plus the corners not being exactly 90 degrees he was back and forth to his saw all the time. He really did a stirling job. It was 13 meters of skirting in total - which took him 4.5 hours in total (over 2 evenings) and it cost me £90. Considering I was origionally going to do it, it could well be the best £90 I've spent on this whole kitchen. I need to get a lick of paint inside the alcove that's pictured. Our little fishtank will be returning in there, but as it's out I may as well do it. When we get the bar stools, and dining room table & chairs I will update again. So: What would I change/add/remove ADD - Somewhere to hang the tea-towels. We have some on the inside of a cuboard, but they keep falling off. Maybe I need some slightly more expensive 'hangers'. The space where they could have gone we put a spice rack/draw thingie - that's probably better though. ADD - We forgot about the bin! Now we have our pedal-bin basically kicking around the kitchen. The Mrs has already filled the cupboards to maximum capacity so I'm having trouble getting an internal cupboard one past her. I think I may just fit one then deal with her later. The bin has gravitated to a semi-perminant place, but with the kids trying to be *cough* helpfull the wall is already beginning to get the odd splatter of 'stuff' where they just throw their food in the general direction of it. Last night I said 'Well, why don't we just put it in the utility room' - She shot that idea down instantly as she obviously isn't happy about the extra 4 steps that it would take to walk all-that-way into another room. Poor thing! Typical woman lol. ADD - At the start of the project I would have got the electricians to chase in another mains wire from the fusebox so that it comes out of the kitchen wall centrally to the back garden, then I would put a PIR Security Light in. I know that it's not a big job by any means, and I could, and probably will, do it myself over the coming weeks but if I could have had it without a wire on the outside of the house then that'd would have been perfect. Also, thinking about it, I would have actually got him to do it at the front of the house as well as he re-wired the whole downstairs with new fusebox etc....See Morechoosing a dark kitchen - help
Comments (30)Hi Tani, We have a rich offer of our matt kitchen splashbacks/balustrades. We've just updated the website. Example work: More at http://www.sunstudio.london/matt/ We do whole kitchen installations, would you like me to assign a personal advisor to you? It is free, you can discuss what are you planning to introduce and we will give you instant, no obligations quote. Let me know your contact details if you are interested, we beat our competitors by 20-30% in terms of prices while maintaining top-tier quality. It is all because we manufacture all of the materials by ourselves....See MoreShould I go to the dark side?!
Comments (32)Great to see all the votes for dark here. Sooooo bored with all the endless white/neutral rooms you see. We’ve just spent a year living in the all white house we moved into, and are finally getting round to decorating. So many people looked at our paint samples and were clearly horrified but we love our new rooms! So much more warmth and character. Just trust your instincts - I find rooms will tell you their character over time. We still have pale colour upstairs - loft conversion, needed to be airy - but love curling up in our cosy living room (Valspar April Rain, budget doesn’t run to F&B!), and our spare room (Dulux Starlit Night 2) feels like a boutique hotel, if boutique hotels came with cats sleeping where they’ve been told not to!...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago













Sonia