katelp8

Kitchen Extension Layout

katelp8
last modified: 22 days ago

Hello,

I’m on Houzz all the time but never posted. It’s always so helpful when I read the advices that are on here so I’m hoping for some help, too.

We are building our extension at the moment and have been looking at how the layout should be for the kitchen. Also a bit unsure of whether the dining area should be next to the kitchen or the sitting room.

Received one kitchen idea so far however I feel underwhelmed by the overall design and practicability of how it will work for us. I would never put a fridge by the entrance to the kitchen! I’ll add snapshots of this idea, too. In these, the sitting area will have a window, not double doors and the dining area will have sliding panelled doors, not bi-folds.

Ideally I’d want a gas hob and sink on the island, I just don’t want my back turned whilst I’m cooking. Also hoping a kitchen cupboard will hide the bit of the wall that’s sticking out from where the extension starts (on the right- grey block, the return).

I doodled (badly) over the drawing to give you an idea of what I’d like. I have thought about have all cupboards with the side by side double oven along the wall up to the dining area but would like additional worktop space for kettle, etc.

Preferences for the kitchen (open to options):

• Marble/marble affect worktop – e.g. Quartz
  • Minimal grooves/border/detail on kitchen cupboard doors
  • Ideally no handles for kitchen cupboard doors/drawers
  • Island to be able to fit 3 stools or more along it therefore longer island than shown below. Waterfall sides
  • Include both sink and hob on the island
  • Two ovens side by side
  • Lighting underneath worktop/skirting boards
  • We would like units to be built around an American style fridge freezer.
  • We like the idea of tall/larder wall of cupboards

Thanks!!!

Original plans (layout is only a mock up for application to building regs)

My doodle

Design from kitchen retailer

What I like from Houzz, more for the designs rather than the colours:

Leicht by Vogue Kitchens - Contemporary Open Plan Smart Kitchen · More Info

Unistone Cemento Letano (Matt) Island · More Info

Beauty With Brains: Smart and Sleek Kitchen Updates for 2020 · More Info

.
.