peter_smith12

Open Plan Kitchen Layout

Pierre Smythe
3 years ago

I am about to start building my open plan dream home and am considering changing the kitchen location layout.
The original design disconnects the kitchen and dining room too much in my opinion. It seems far away and less useable. It would also place the living area in the South corner with floor to ceiling glazing which seems less than ideal for watching TV. This south corner has garden view. The east corner where the window seat is has the best view.
The new layout will make the kitchen a little smaller, and also move it from the east window to a more westerly orientation. The new position is double height and has roof windows though so I feel it will still be very bright and airy all day. I also feel it will be in a better connected more functional position to serve the rest of the house as it will be more central.
See both ground floor layouts below. In
the new layout the sink will more than likely have to go in the island.
I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions before I make this big decision.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.