alfie521

Granite Worktop Issue

Hi,

I have had Blue Pearl granite tops for about 5 months. I have just noticed that, on a small patch, the pitting has changed colour. It also feels a bit rougher here. Maybe the seal has totally worn off here and what I’m feeling are the crystal bits underneath? I thought maybe water/calcium stains as it is next to the sink, however other parts around the sink don’t have this; not even where the tap is.

Here is a picture. It is a heavily pitted granite but the pits were black or grey like everywhere else. I have circled a patch of what it normally looks like. They have kind of gone a bit green looking looking.

Any insights offered are much appreciated.

Granite