stephanie_dreyer

Path in small garden

Stephanie Dreyer
9 years ago
Hello everyone,

I have a small garden, about 3.5 meters x 8 meters. I've had loads of trouble with my lawn because it was badly turfed when I bought the house, not suitable for clay soil and not suitable for shade. I've worked really hard over the summer and finally have an acceptable lawn... just in time for winter! I have a shed at the bottom of the garden which I need access to in the winter but I don't want to damage the lawn by walking on it when it's cold and frosty and wet and waterlogged (I live in England).

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a path I could lay from the patio to the shed. I've seen one with narrow stepping stones set up in B&Q that looked nice but then I quite like the idea of laying a gravel path across that side of the garden. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached a picture of the garden (believe me, that's looking really good considering that there wasn't a single blade of grass there in March. Also, we have a puppy and didn't realise that dog pee burns the lawn, oops!) and I'm really hoping that you guys have some ideas!

Many thanks,
Stephanie

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.