citizenerased

Entrance Mat to protect oak / hardwood floors

Zach W
9 years ago
Hi there.

I've just had engineered oak flooring floors fitted through my house, including the entranceway. I'm after a mat to put down along the entry way (likely 90 x 150 to maximise the protection) but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I've spent hours looking and have only ascertained that I should definitely avoid latex and rubber backs, which could essentially destroy the floor. I've read that I should use natural materials, especially cotton or wool. However this was usually recommended for general areas rather than entrances that are going to be subject to rain and the like (and I'm in the North of England, so frequently). What should I be looking for? Would jute cut it? Should it be a certain depth?

Thank you for any help!

Zach

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.