hzdeleted_17299013

Is 810mm to small for a kitchen corner pantry

User
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
I am in the process of turning a bedroom/ensuite into a kitchen diner area. My basic dimensions are: 4540mm x 5800mm

My thoughts would be to have a run of cabinets/work surfaces across the back wall which would include the sink at one side of the run and a built in double oven at the end of the run. I would propose to have an island which would house my hob. I would also like to have a corner pantry. So far so good

Ideally I would like the pantry to be at the left side of the back wall, beside the sink, so I would have pantry…sink…workspace…oven.

The other wall is my problem, it has a window the end of which is 1450mm from the back wall. My plan had been to place the fridge/freezer to the side of the pantry, so you would have window…fridge/freezer…corner pantry. However, with the width of the freezer been 540mm that leaves me with about 810mm for the corner pantry and I’m wondering if that is too small to act as an effective corner pantry?

As I’m decommissioning my original kitchen that will become a utility room and as it already has cupboards I do have space where I can store items that won’t be used for some time

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.