kbahr_gw

Diamond Brite Question and Picture requests..

kbahr
16 years ago

We are in the final stage of having our pool built and need to decide on what color to go with. Does anyone have pictures of Super Blue? I want our pool to be as dark and as blue as it can without upgrading to the darker shades of Diamond Brite. Also once the DB is applied and the pool filled what is the maintanance process...how many times daily does it need to be brushed and for how many days/weeks? I ask because my husband and I are heading out of town for a week at the end of the month and I don't want to have the pool sitting there unkept.

Comments (21)

• cement_pond
    16 years ago

I kept waiting to see if anyone would post any pictures because I have not seen it installed either. We did choose Super Blue for our pool, but that step is 1 to 2 weeks away for us depending on weather. If you can put off this decision that long, I will be happy to send pictures.

Congratulations on your upcoming New Pool!!!

Melissa

• teppy
    16 years ago

you will have to email Alan Furedi at SGM. His email is allan@sgm.cc. They just don't have decent photos. He sent me pictures of some of the colors I was considering. I have a few, but none of what you were asking for. I was wanting the blue/greens such as marlin blue, aqua blue, verde, etc..I also have classic, pearl, and ivory photos that he sent me. I ended up mixing verde and french gray. Mine came out really nice, just the shade I was looking for. They are both the darker shades of diamond brite.

• billyjoeraybob
    16 years ago

Here is one right after application. I will post some more showing the color after the quartz became fully exposed

Here is a link that might be useful:

• kbahr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for your responses and thank you for the pic billyjoeraybob. We did decide on the Super Blue.

• pebbleconcepts
    16 years ago

The Super Blue is a nice color. If you want a deeper blue have the applicator add one bag of tahoe to each batch.

• houseful
    16 years ago

I don't technically have the Super Blue, but because I had extra blue crystals added, it almost identical to it. Here is a pic of mine. My tile is almost identical to Billyjoeraybob too.

Here is a close-up soon after application about a year ago. There are even more crystals exposed now.

• billyjoeraybob
    16 years ago

We have had our pool for 3 years now and just love the DB. I haven't been able to get any more pics (lots of rain). As far as brushing goes our PB (in business for 35 years in our area) recommended NO BRUSHING other than the weekly brush for maintenance. He said that few people are capable of exerting equal pressure on all surfaces. As a result much streaking,mottling, and many service calls to requiring draining and acid washing to straighten the finish out. Our PB is so confident in the DB he gives a lifetime warranty on the DB. We were patient and let the crystals expose naturally and as a result have a beautiful even finish. I guess the PB knows his stuff. We were very lucky and started our build at what turned out to be the beginning of a drought and were swimming in 7 weeks. Hope you enjoy your DB as much as we have.

• keyslover
    16 years ago

I am resurfacing my pool and need to have a decision on the color of diamond brite I want to use by Monday at the latest. I can't really find any actual pool photos of the colors I like. I like the blue greens - Aqua Blue and Marlin Blue. Does anyone have any actual pool photos of these colors? I tried calling Diamond Brite and they couldn't find anything. I emailed the guy Alan at Diamond Brite as someone requested on this forum but haven't heard back from him yet. Your pics would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

• teppy
    16 years ago

keyslover,
    I will try to post some of mine. It has that green/blue color.
    http://www.pbase.com/teppy/image/95116632.jpg

• teppy
    16 years ago

Well, it did not work. I thought I could embed the photos in the message. I'be dont it before on other forums by highlihting the link in the location bar and adding .jpg at the end of the link. It does not work here. Anyway, here are the links to more photos.
    http://www.pbase.com/teppy/image/95116629.jpg
    http://www.pbase.com/teppy/image/95116626.jpg
    http://www.pbase.com/teppy/image/95116619.jpg
    http://www.pbase.com/teppy/image/95116615.jpg

• keyslover
    16 years ago

Thank you for the pictures teppy! Your pool is beautiful!!! It's very "classy" looking. I love your water color too! I've never seen something so pretty. I'm looking for a little lighter color though. Allan with Diamond Brite send some pictures but they were from their catalog and it's hard to tell the colors. I just can't seem to get any "real" photos of the colors I like to help me make a decision. I really appreciate the pictures you sent. Your landscaping is beautiful too!

• melissa2008
    15 years ago

Teppy,

I love your Pool! What color of Diamond Brite did you use. Thanks.

• jeanneboca
    12 years ago

Does anybody have photos of Diamond Brite colors Ivory or Cool Blue?

• anasbrides
    8 years ago

Does anyone have photos of DB Marlin Blue,looking for a turquoise color pool.Pictures would be great.thanks.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Bella Aqua Pools and Spas, LLC
    8 years ago

But, the day was cloudy and shortly after application. I will try to send another.

• daniellechechile
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

What color was this?

• Ana Belon
    3 years ago

Yes I did!

I love it! It reminds me of the ocean of the islands in the Caribbean Islands.When it was starting to fill up with water I got freaked out when the water started turning green, but as it started to fill up it turned into the stunning turquoise color I always wanted.Good luck to you and hope this was helpful.

• Jessica Tradewell
    3 years ago

@Ana Belon wow that is beautiful! Exactly what I am looking for! Thank you so much!

• markd514
    last year

So what color is in the 2 above photos?

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.