vorbild

Maison et Objet 2015

M&O is in its 20th anniversary this year, and rightly so. It's a delightful treat to visit this fair. It could easily become my yearly pilgrimage and a good excuse, if I ever needed one, to visit Paris.

You can go through its 8 halls and travel through luxurious interiors, designer furnitures, oriental accessories, bric-a-brac stalls, get inspired by the newest cooking utensils and then find yourself surrounded by beautiful colours of fabrics and bed linen.

Everyone has a goal in visiting the fair. This year, mine was to find inspiration for ongoing and future projects, but more than usual, it was to walk through the many halls with an open mind. For this goal, I had no specific expectations, but as with affaires of the heart, you know when you find it.

With 8 huge halls packed with exhibitors, where each and every one has something great to show, the first day seemed too rushed, but the second one was just right. We spent the great chunk of the day in hall no 7, where the leading luxury interior houses created magnificent and grandiose showrooms. The superior level of craftsmanship and the attention to detail made truly exclusive but well balanced spaces.

However, even with affluent clients, one needs to look at budget solutions and to be inventive. Hall no 5 was a good place for that.

After another long day at the exhibition, in order to get the balance right, we headed to the 5th arrondissement for dinner. What best way to complete an inspiring journey by treating yourself to delicious food, and of course, a small dessert afterwards.

We left with bags of catalogues and inspirations for new projects.

Tell me about your experiences on the fair.

Comments (2)

• Emmeline Westin
    9 years ago
    What a great topic! Our editor was enjoying M&O last week and we're waiting for her trend report to materialise on the site. Did you see any new trends we should look out for?
  • PRO
    VORBILD Architecture
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Emmeline - it was great to go. I noticed some of the high end brands like Bentley and Meissen had interior designs - very impressive. Unobtainable for most, but still great. We took tons of pictures, let me know if you are looking for something specific, perhaps I can help.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.