rachelsarah1986

Condensation on window frames

rachelsarah1986
9 years ago
We are helping my mum purchase a house and we saw one at weekend that had really bad condensation mould around the windows. I'm talking in every room in the house, it was really gross. All of the grouting/sealant was black the whole way around the window.

How easily solvable is this? Not the condensation aspect, we know that is due to poor ventilation and maintenance but are more concerned at this stage on the removal of the affected areas. Is it possible to have the windows re-sealed? If so what is the cost involved? Or would the whole windows need replacing? There was a conservatory which was really badly affected which ideally we'd like to brick and tile the roof, or tile the roof at the very least.

We live in a stone cottage and have experienced minimal condensation but this place was gross! Don't know how the current owners are living with it. Really put a question mark over what could be a really great house.

Any experience/advice would be great!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.