sallyfluff

Help - How to project manage

sallyfluff
9 years ago
I am planning a (for want of other words) refurb for our 1970 open plan house design by mum and grandad. (Fuel was cheep then) large dorma bungalow
1 install a bathroom upstairs. Water and waste in place. A toilet and sink, electic. Room approx 12 x 6 feet. On wall is window and an interesting curved bit of ceiling due to it being in the roof space and the window. The photo was taken as we were having a wet room installed downstairs - not a good idea in mid winter not to have a window missing! But the curved window above is where I want the other bathroom built. That window is 12 feet and impossible to use a window treatment - ideas? The view - Photo 2 - sunset. The window will BE clear!

2 lighting

Dark dog leg hall that is internal and no stairs
Paint colours,well we have a lot a magnolia from another project!
It would work. There are a lot of doors that are natural wood, and maybe too dark. Yup they need paint.

3 stairs and landing open with a gallery.
The stairs go from the living room. Colours have to compliment or argue so much there is a permanent truce.
Redo lighting.
Put in a totally new window and replace front door
Feature the chimney breast and wall under the stairs and get a good divorce lawyer! Husband is not sure. No imagination or vision. Speed dial that lawyer...........!!

4 organise electric,building,plumber, plasterer and decorator in the right order and have I forgot anybody?

5 design shelves for library on landing and sort out where lighting should be best - advice please

6 colour for re- paint the ceiling and wall of kitchen.

7 flooring??? Where to start and when?

8 oh yes there is a bedroom to revamp from scratch too, the only thing staying is the bed. There is other furniture that can be re utilised.

9. Floor coverings and windows. . . .,, .h e e e l l P!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.