drosben

help decorating hall, stars and landing!!

drosben
9 years ago
Any help really appreciated!! Have read so many interesting posts and good ideas and advice on this app.
Can anyone help me with my dilemma re wallpapering and carpeting hall, stairs and landing??
Do I go for light or dark, above or below dado rail? Wallpaper patterned or subtle? Colours blue or red or cream? I have a lot of cream already in the house but I want a clean, spacious feel to hall and stairs and landing if poss. the house is only 25 years old but I added a dado rail years ago. Hoping to put vinyl flooring in hall instead of laminate to match kitchen. Red carpet or neutral on stairs and landing?
Big window at top of stairs, difficult to dress, as the bottom of the window sill isn't parallel to the stairs.
Currently walls have cream/yellow painted anaglypta. But all the wallpapers I like are £40+ a roll and i need 16 rolls so trying to cut down costs!
I have attached photos of hall, stairs and landing. I'd be really grateful for any advice you can give me. Thanks so much in advance and for this amazing website! Thanks.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.