kmadayag

Huge 2 way fireplace

kmadayag
11 years ago
We have a very large two way fireplace that separates our living room from our dining room. We are trying to come up with some ways to make it look more transitional. We will be installing dark hardwood floors throughout both rooms and removing many of the dark wood railings. My husband wants to rooms to feel more connected when we entertain. Our house was build in 1975 and is a beach type house near the sound if that helps with style. Living in the northwest I'm drawn towards stone fireplaces but not sure if a faux stone facade would look okay. Also any ideas how to scale the size back too would be appreciated. I took pictures of both sides of the fireplace to give you an idea with what we are working with. Thanks!!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.