mjoh33

Garden decking advice

The O'Hanlons
8 years ago
I am searching for a little advice on creating my new decking area. As you can see on the image there is a patch of soil at the back of the garden which has an apple tree in the centre. I would like to cover this area in decking and build it around the tree then add a privacy screen to the back and sides similar to the other picture attached.

My first question to any landscapers here is can I leave the soil where it is and bury breeze blocks into this to give me a foundation for my timer frame to sit on? I will dig out all the bushes etc and add a membrane to stop any weeds coming through. Is this a feasible option or should I remove all the soil first which I am reluctant to do due to the amount there is. The soil is approximately 250mm deep.

Any other design advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.