scghsgh

Plant suggestions for my front garden

Stacey Henderson
8 years ago

Hi. We need suggestions to improve the look of our front garden in our house. We need some plant suggestions.

Current Plants:
At the moment there are two straggly pink flowering hebes at the front, a blue hydgrangea tucked behind on the left, and another hydgrangea on the right (we thought it was blue also, but looks like a red flower is appearing). There is also ceanothus on the far right. I'm not sure what the wide leaf plant is second from the right (would love to know the name....?), but it comes out with pink flowers.

London, on the north side of a medium height wall, in a south facing front garden. It gets quite hot out here in summer, yet, the plants seem to do well.

What we want:
We were thinking of planting a snowball hydgrangea (hydrangea annabelle) in the centre. We realise this is yet another deciduous plant though, so we were thinking about putting 2 slim evergreens either side. We like the look of Sambucus Nigra Porphyrophylia Black Tower - but that is of course decidious too. We like repetition, bold, stylish plants. The side of our front garden has buxus balls, mondo grass and coneflowers repeated.

Can you please suggest any plants that would make our front garden look nicer? Any tips for making if look tidier than it currently is would be great also.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.