hw15

Ideas to increase fence height

Heather Welsh
8 years ago
We are gradually renovating our 1930s bungalow including the garden. When we removed overgrown trees and bushes from the back garden, we realised the fence was at 2 different heights. According to our neighbour, the previous owner had asked for a lowered section so they could chat but this section is now much larger without the greenery and part of our garden is very overlooked. We get on well with our neighbour but the garden now feels too open.

Ideally we would like a solution that increases the height in line with the higher part of the fence. I think the gap between existing fence posts is too large to simply add more horizontal planks. Replacing the fence isn't an option as it is shared. We are planning to eventually paint/stain it, probably dark walnut colour.

I've included a picture of the rest of the garden for context, there is also a decent sized patio, which you can just see the edge of. We will be adding more plants in containers on decking & patio and still working on the grass but garden is otherwise finished.

Would be grateful for any suggestions for the fence!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.