rachel_mortimer7

Garage idea

Rachel Mortimer
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi all,

I'm looking for a house in Cardiff with rear lane access or ideally a garage. I've found one that ticks most of my boxes, but it currently has a large shower room at the back of a long extension, leaving a small garden space with pedestrian access from the rear lane.

I was just wondering roughly how much it might cost to knock a wider entrance through the garden wall, and through the back wall of the extension to enable me to park my motorbike in the shower room?! And at the same time remove the bathroom accessories but create a small WC in the lobby which currently links the shower room to the kitchen. To do this I'd probably also have to remove the slightly raised decking in the garden and replace with paving.

Does this sound like a viable idea?!? Would I need any permissions? (I would assume not as I would not be adding to the building, but would need building regs to sign off a new hole in the wall?)

Are there any D&B companies in Cardiff who could advise on this?

Thanks!!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.