aliasger_kurban

Desinging a normal single story appartment

What type of questions do you need to ask your self before designing a normal single story appartment?

Comments (4)

• Jonathan
    8 years ago

' sounds like an interesting question but I am not sure what you need to know.

Are you looking to split the above house into more than one unit for commercial gain or are you extending for a dependent relative, or do you have a plot of land and are you starting from scratch?

• PRO
    OnePlan
    8 years ago
    'Am I the best person to do this? ' would be my first question - architects have years of training to know the safest ways to design homes for people ... I'd let them do the important bits and then look at how you can make the space work for you ... If you find an architect who will design with you - this might be the best way to have a home that ticks all your boxes !
  • aliasger karimjee
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I am not really designing a house for real, i just need some help with the requirements needed for my DT project. I am still doing my A-levels and this is one of my tasks i was set. It would really help me with my project if you guys would tell me the basics of designing a house (see picture above) thank you soo much for your concern
  • Jonathan
    8 years ago
    You need to know how much room you will need which in turn means you need to think about who will live there.
    A young couple in a city may want to eat out lots and therefore would only want a small kitchen.... But they may well need room to work from home.
    People with children will need bigger laundry facilities and in a central area you may need an apartment with two similar sized bedrooms and two bathrooms so that two professionals can share.
    The bottom line is you need to know who you are designing for.
    You might also try internet searches for house layouts to give you inspiration
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.