tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 4th - Win a Swoon Editions cushion!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Our 4th Advent Window is here and look what’s behind it - a leafy, ornate cushion by Swoon Editions! All dressed up in green and gold, this cushion has got both comfort and class.

You could be the lucky one walking away with this lovely cushion - all you need to do is vote and comment telling us where you read! Whether it’s in the bedroom, your favourite window seat, the kitchen or maybe out in the park, just tell us below! This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms and conditions here.

Bedroom
Kitchen
Living Room
Bathroom
Study
Other - tell us

Comments (195)

• Liz Conway
    8 years ago

Cosy in bed

• charly_lizzy
    8 years ago

I read on my bus journey to and from work. It helps me to switch off my brain from the hubbub of real life and escape somewhere else.

• shunbunkin
    8 years ago

I usually have several different books on the go, one in the bedroom, one in the cosy corner of my kitchen and another in the living room

• Antoniya Momchilova
    8 years ago

Definitely the bed (especially on rainy days).

• Ainee Foo
    8 years ago
    I read on my hour long commute. As well as filling time, it also helps deal with the claustrophobic times in rush hour!
  • Lynda Fleming
    8 years ago

i read in my favorite armchair its a recliner and very comfy trouble is its a bit too comfortable and i often fall asleep

• Wendy P
    8 years ago

I'm like Shelly-Ann; a binge reader. If I have a good book I like to read it without putting it down. I booked into a health farm for a long weekend a couple of years ago, purely to read The Hunger Games Trilogy. No interruptions, no cooking meals, no getting dressed. Luxury !

• Edie
    8 years ago

Apart from my commute, normally half an hour before sleep... unless it's one of those unputdownable books, then hours and baggy eyes in the morning :)

• Leah Batsheva Scott
    8 years ago

before bed but also on my commute

• Ellie Harding
    8 years ago

Mostly in bed before I fall to sleep with a book on my face!

• varga_emese
    8 years ago

on the bus

• silyab53
    8 years ago

In a 'nook I've just created under my stairs. I have an old Parker Knoll 'lady' chair with my old 'bed in a box' pouffe at the end of it, chaise-like, so I can curl up and read whatever's to hand, be it the paper or a book or even the crossword. Then I fall asleep!

• PRO
    HAPPYNEST
    8 years ago

Usually I squeeze in a little time for reading while waiting for my children - whether they are about to leave school, or in their sports classes - I stay in my car happily dreaming away with a book in my hands! :-)

• katesplaice
    8 years ago

In the conservatory where I can feel outside while inside. It's calming and cosy and plenty of cushions make it the most comfortable place to read. Ahhhhh ! Contentment ! This cushion would add to this bliss as the beautiful fabric would bring even more of the garden inside. Wonderful !

• sarkie
    8 years ago

Finally found I can read again on the train to work, moving out of Central London means I can have 40 minutes each way to start reading again, it is glorious!

• chrysazik
    8 years ago

as a student studying far away from home i often travel by ship so except reading in ma place i love reading by the sea ^-^

• margie wilson
    8 years ago

I read magazines in the living room and books in bed.

• jeanettefileccia
    8 years ago

jeanette

I love to read in bed at night so relaxing

• Sally Cullimore
    8 years ago

Anywhere where I can grab a little me-time... Top 3 spots are: 1. In bed 2. On the loo 3. In the garden if its warm

• Lynsey Buchanan
    8 years ago

I like to read in bed before going to sleep.

• Rachel Oakes
    8 years ago

By the bay window in my living room.

• housey101
    8 years ago

Generally sitting on my comfy chair in the living room, but anywhere, really when I have a few minutes to read, in the kitchen, on the bus,... I just love to read.

• sah66
    8 years ago

relaxing on the sofa...

• marianne_hayton
    8 years ago

When life moves black clouds my way ,I pick up a book and read.You can travel the world ,sea and skies , I am ,the fighter of evil ,the soldier of rescue and all this through my book's in my little room , feet up , lay back ,

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

Curled up on my sofa. I make my tea, create my little nest with all my cushions, and snuggle in for the duration! Same ritual as for my one of my epic Houzz binges, haha.

• Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

In the living room, just in case someone knocks on the front door, wouldn't want to miss that.

• L W
    8 years ago

In the summer I like to read in the garden with the sounds of nature all around me.

• abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    In my terrace, it's always silent, calm, warm and a great place for me to hideout with a book.
  • Sandi
    8 years ago

Window seat, facing north, designed in my house to catch all day sun, summer and winter, so no matter what the time, I can curl up with a book.

• Melissa McCafferty
    8 years ago

On my cozy sofa, with a warm blanket

• Kate Burt
    8 years ago

On holiday

• amishgeisha
    8 years ago

Mystery stories!

• rmmul
    8 years ago

in bed- the only time quiet enough for reading

• Liv Moore
    8 years ago

I've gotten really into audiobooks - I listen to them on my morning commute and it allows me to read without causing damage to my fellow Northern Line passengers by poking them in the eye with a paperback.

• andrew1961
    8 years ago

Love to read before bed.

• Heena N
    8 years ago
    In the bedroom before bed and in the living room on weekends :)
  • Azra dedic
    8 years ago
    My bedroom Is much haven
  • Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

I love reading in bed

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

I normally read when I'm out, so in the park or a coffee shop!

• klwinters76
    8 years ago

Mostly in bed.

• Ali Parkin
    8 years ago
    I read everywhere and anywhere.... Any opportunity to read a good book out!
  • Alex Evans
    8 years ago
    I usually manage about 2 minutes reading in bed before I fell asleep and the book falls on my head. With this gorgeous cushion to prop me up, I might be able to last a few minutes longer!
  • Diane Blackman
    8 years ago

My favourite place for reading

Is tucked up in my bed

With stress and cares receding

Lost in a book instead

• Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    I love to read in my warm cosy bed and if I wake during the night I hide my kindle under the duvet so I don't wake hubby
  • arzuince
    8 years ago
    The kitchen has the best view of our regular pink sunrise.
  • Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

snug

• paddyart
    8 years ago

In the bath

• Kel
    8 years ago
    The living room. Curled up on the sofa, with a throw over me, and the cat asleep on top. Since I can't move for fear of disturbing her sleep, I have to while away the time somehow!
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

• Diana Jeuda
    8 years ago

In the cockpit of my small wooden boat after a day's sailing. With a cushion at my back and a nice cup of tea at my side. What could be better when it's a sunny day!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.