tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 8th - Win a pegboard by Rose & Grey!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

8 days into December and Christmas is but a matter of weeks away, meaning there's not much time left to plan for the big day. Keeping track of what you've bought and still need to organise can be tough, but lucky for you, our Advent Calendar has your back!

We're giving away a beautiful pegboard courtesy of Rose & Grey on December 8th, a perfect accessory to help you keep a visual on notes and lists! To enter into the competition, simply tell us whether or not you have a pegboard and what you'd use it for/peg onto it! Photos are welcome and we'd love to hear your thoughts. This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here.

Comments (113)

• Michele Mandall
    8 years ago

I don't have a peg board but if I did I would organise all my notes and appointments on it :)

• Ali Parkin
    8 years ago
    I have a pin board that holds all of my favourite reminders of things I've done and seen; but more than that it reminds me everyday how lucky I am to have such awesome people around me and to have had some of the opportunities and experiences that I have! I'd love to transfer to a peg board as my pin board was on it way to the dump when I salvaged it about 3 years ago! I think it's in desperate need of an upgrade!
  • maxcope
    8 years ago

I'd hang all my polaroids and hopefully a lovely camera like the one pictured (when I get around to buying it). I'd like to make it decorative as well as it being a visual aid for my poor memory...

• Rach Lp
    8 years ago
    I don't have a peg board but if I did I would stretch neon string across it and then hang my favourite photos, post cards and images torn out of magazines onto my neon washing lines to inspire me and keep me creative!
  • Jackie Bonner
    8 years ago

I would use a peg board to have pictures of my grandchildren as they grow up, it would be hung in my hallway so I could see them every day

• Helen Sweeney
    8 years ago

I don't have a pegboard but would really love one. The problem would be where not to put it! - in the kitchen to keep the family organised, in my daughters room to clear all her clutter( jewellery, medals and arts and crafts material) or for me to organise all my sewing and craft materials!! Would be a lovely problem to have!

• Clare Long
    8 years ago

Would love this & is just perfect. We're in process of renovating our 1930s home back to its original features. Would use pegboard to show our progress so far & to pin renovation ideas on.

• rob
    8 years ago
    next year's personalised family advent board
  • ladysal
    8 years ago
    I would love a pegboard to help arrange my gorgeous jewellery into a wearable art display.
  • pulcinetto
    8 years ago

Little treasures display and note board for my little studio space in need of a brighten-up! :)

• Karen Godfrey
    8 years ago

I'd use it for jewellery in my dressing room

• info560
    8 years ago

I have never ever ever owned one but what a brilliant idea! I can think of a gazillion ideas of where to use it,but I think my teenage daughter is top of the list,she is in the process of redecorating her bedroom as we speak(yes she is actually doing most of it herself!) and her theme is white with pale pink and copper accents,this would go very nicely on her wall to organise her little things instead of them rattling around in a drawer,very stylish too!

• gilliifer
    8 years ago

I don't have one but would love one in the spare room/study for all those important tiny things

• housey101
    8 years ago
    I don't have a pegboard, but would love one to organise my kitchen,lists, recipes, etc. Would help me to be much tidier.
  • salcav
    8 years ago

I don't own a peg board, but it would be great to neaten up the kitchen space, peg notes and must do jobs!

• poppy_fields
    8 years ago

It would be great to have a peg board by the front door to keep important memos, keys, post, and the many bits and bobs I sometimes need to take with me, but sometimes just need a place for them to live.

• PRO
    Sam Butler Garden Design
    8 years ago

I would like one so that I can put my jewellery and accessories on it - that way I might actually get to wear some of it!

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

I'm using a pinboard with "peg" pins in it, but it's not ideal (the pins keep falling out!) Would keep all my beading tools and threads up and out of the way, but where I can just pick them up and use them without rummaging in a toolbox!

• moorlikeit
    8 years ago

I don't have a peg board but would love one to display ideas for decorating my new home.

• vicksf
    8 years ago

Peg boards are such a cool yet practical feature. I'd really like one for displaying some of the lovely cards I've received, little recipe cutouts, cute memos from the kids, random notes and hangable trinkets!

• Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

I do not, but id like one. Probably get some peg letters and use it for deadlines and important upcoming dates.

• sianember
    8 years ago

I don't have a pegboard but how useful it would be for hanging up images & "finds" that are cluttering up shelves whilst they wait to get incorporated into artworks.

• Pauline Giroux
    8 years ago
    I don't have one at the moment but this would look perfect in our study, to display pictures of all the weddings we've been attending. Or I could use it in the bedroom to hang jewelry. So versatile!
  • Leila Benhamida
    8 years ago

No I haven't got one but I will use it as my vision and motivation board. And messages for my children, or their messages to me

• Courtenay Moon
    8 years ago

No we do not have a pegboard in our house but it would be so useful! Great for passing on messages to the other girls and for various reminders about bills etc!

• Emma Finlay
    8 years ago

Not yet, but it's on the (rather long!) to-do list, for the workshop (tools) AND the study / sewing room (paraphernalia, great word!) Merry & cosy Xmas Houzzmates!

• Sandi
    8 years ago

My grandmother had one - I wonder who has it now? Not me unfortunately.

• Radhika Sethia
    8 years ago

Would be great to put earrings on!

• User
    8 years ago

I haven't got a pegboard and would absolutely love one to organise and display all my sewing equipment xx

• Kate Burt
    8 years ago

I'd like to cover a whole wall in the spare room with pegboard and have a set of pegboard shelves, so that it can be an rotating display of interesting objects and pictures (I probably have too much stuff).

• PRO
    Louise Richardson-Vine
    8 years ago

I'd pin anything and everything to a peg board if I had one – Christmas cards, photos, jewellery, mementos... I think they're a great way of creating a versatile display as you can change what you pin to them whenever you like.

• Charlotte
    8 years ago

I'd use it for fabric samples / inspiration for the house, photos of loved ones and things i must remember!

• Clio Bee
    8 years ago
    Nope- I'd love one to store thank you and leaving cards so I remember to look at them again.
  • arzuince
    8 years ago
    I'd love a peg board! I'd put bills, bank statements, business cards, school reminders, vouchers, coupons and all the bits of paper currently stashed in between the microwave and wall as we don't have a filing system and this would help!
  • marianne_hayton
    8 years ago

My husband told our granddaughter he would like a peg board,so we decided to make him one for his birthday. We bought a big picture from the charity shop , eight cork tiles from diy store and some heavy duty double sided tape .If I say so myself we made a good job . Grandad was over the moon with his present ,and the day after his birthday pride of place in the kitchen was given to his peg board.On it was his notes ,calenders and a couple of his favourite photos.Then it all fell to bits he was really upset ,we promised to get him another ,as it is his 70th birthday this Jan we are hoping to get one. If we were lucky .

• Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    To show happy mementoes and notes from my loved ones, a place to contemplate just how lovely life can be
  • bruket
    8 years ago

I don't have on but I would like one or two for my office and hobby desks

• PRO
    Bitsnbats
    8 years ago

no peg board at the moment ;-( i would like to de-clutter the fridge door and move pics and things to peg board.

• Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

I don't have one but I'd love one to pin photos and letters/postcards/kids drawings x

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

I would use it to put all my lists and photos on!

• redkez78
    8 years ago
    Seed packets and garden bits and bobs, inspiring photos
  • Zoe
    8 years ago

No I don't. But I'd love one. It would go in my home office come craft room - craft room for me and home office for my partner - and we would try our best to share it between our two uses!

• sarkie
    8 years ago

I don't currently have one, or even knew about them until recently.

I think it'd work great in our kitchen where so many of the kitchen utensils are odd shaped so it'd be easier to hang up and make the kitchen a little less of a tip at times!

• PRO
    Urban Grain
    8 years ago

I don't have one, but I would love one !!! Recently moved in with my boyfriend and his 2 children... we'd have it in the kitchen and peg the organisation of our new lives to it ! x

• Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

would use it to be a creative spot in my study to place idea and aspirations

• PRO
    Simply DeClutter Professional Organiser
    8 years ago

Gorgeous pegboard

• Kel
    8 years ago
    I don't have one, but I'd probably use one for hanging up art materials.
  • paddyart
    8 years ago

I don't have one but would display my herb choppers

• Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

• Terri King
    8 years ago

Love the peg board, anybody know where I can get some more pegs?

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.