christal2803

My last home ... My first stab at interior design

Lyndsey Anderson
8 years ago
Finally - a blank page! When we retired, we bought a two bed flat which had been rented for the previous five years so was feeling pretty sorry for itself! I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to find and flex my interior design muscles (the only muscles I ever exercise, let me tell you). I soon found that it is very much a case of not as easy as you think - hats off to the pro's! I identified the main tradesmen budget pretty accurately, thanks to some helpful websites, but hadn't reckoned on how much 'incidentals' would cost. Decent toilet roll holders - sixty quid - who'd have thought? Toilet seats; light fittings; sockets ... all add up. I am not an E-Bayer. We're too old.
Here are some before and after pics. I hope to share some of the experiences I had on the journey.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.