helen_nightingale

Wood Burning stove and Fireplace Design

Live in part of a barn conversion, done in 80's. One end of the lounge dining room is dominated by a brick fireplace with a small gas fire and a beam running the width of the room. At the back of the shelves on the wall is black slate in a crazy paving style! The reasons for the two tvs is we have just attached one to the chimney breast and the other one is going. The hearth also runs the width of the room. We want to put in a wood burning stove but husband and I have differing views on a way forward. We both definitely want to get rid off the hearth, the 1980s video player shelves to the left of the chimney breast and keep the beam. One of us would like to get rid of all the brick. One would like to at least keep the brick on the chimney breast, but potentially get rid of the brick at the back walls of the alcoves. But we just don't know and don't want to make a mistake that is not undoable. Any ideas........

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.