helzmc

Bedroom decoration help please!

helzmc
8 years ago

We are starting to decorate the first room in our first house - our bedroom and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. When we moved in, it had terrible homemade build in wardrobes which we have ripped out and had a wall of soft grey built-ins fitted. I love the wardrobes, they are a huge improvement and I love the colour. The problem is, I don't know what to do now! The room is north facing, with quite a small window so rather dark. I had thought of an even

paler grey for the remaining walls but worry it will be too bland. The best match I can find is F&B Blackened, but given it is almost the exact colour of the wardrobes, is it going to be too much for all four walls? Have we made a mistake in allowing the wardrobes to dominate the room? I was wondering about a Stiffkey Blue wall behind the bed, because I think that would look lovely against the bed. I am not really keen on colour, I prefer muted neutrals so the blue wall does make me slightly nervous. Help please!

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.