gemma19

Marble or limestone? Kitchen/living space help

gemma19
8 years ago

Hi all,

I need some help with a house renovation we are doing, the back of the house will contain our kitchen, dining room and living space - all open plan. It will all be south facing and flooded with light as we have three large openings to the patio (bi fold doors). The original plan was to lay white moleanos limestone down throughout this part of the house - and have the paving slab version of the tile outside (hoping for a seamless link). However we've since decided on worktops - a quartz version of white carrara marble, and the limestone just doesn't work.

I had considered getting a similar coloured marble floor but worried that it might be a bit 'much'. It would also need to be unpolished as I wouldn't want to worry about my young children sliding all over the place. Colour palette will be greys - planning on purbeck stone for back wall and mole's breath on the centre island. We are having underfloor heating so not concerned about the tiles being cold.

Its a decent size space 14m wide by 5 metres deep. Would anyone recommend marble? Or perhaps a silver/grey limestone floor instead? Ive attached an image of the worktop and original limestone.... any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.