jenniewren26

Floor layout

jenniewren26
8 years ago
Hello,
We are currently extending our house with the outside walls going up this week and I'm having a last minute panic regarding the internal layout as I know this is coming soon. The photo on the left shows the layout of the house as it is currently and on the right shows the proposed layout.
We've gone with this layout as we can't see that there's any other option.
My concerns are around the play/games room (the living room on the old plans). We've put this here so that the kids can be close whilst they're younger but when they're older with friends round the grown ups can retreat to the 'snug' and stay well out of it!
Because this play/games room only has a very small side window (we call it the Punch and Judy window) we're putting in glazed double doors from the hall as well as glazed bifolds to separate it from the main living area when needed.
My worry though now is that as this is the play/games room it will be a mess a lot of the time that you'll be able to see when you walk in the house and from the main living areas.
Do you think this is the best use of the space? Any feedback greatly received! Many, many thanks.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.