harrietgh

Farrow and Ball Paint Dilemma

harrietgh
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm currently in the process of re painting our open plan living and dining room elephant's breath and Dix blue, woodwork will probably be strong white.

The 'nightmare' I'm having is trying to decide which colour to do our hallway - the living room opens up onto the hallway, as does the front door (not that we ever use it)

We have 2 dogs and the hallway has no real natural lighting. I have previously painted it white but this just isn't practical with 2 large woofs.

I've decided to go for a dark and dramatic hallway. Stiffiky blue F&B is the current fav but not sure how well it'll flow out of the elephant's breath living room. Will probably paint the woodwork strong white too so that at least flows through.

I'm trying to get some sort of flow and continunity through the house. I know the colours need to be the same sort of tonal weight but not sure how well I'm doing with that

Thoughts please

Is a dark blue a good idea, would I be better with card room green? (Which farow and ball say is a good accent to Elephant's Breath)

How do I flow it up the stairs and onto the landing? I'd like the upstairs to feel contrasting to the dark and moody hallway.

Ripped all the ceilings down and had new lighting put in so I loathe to ruin all our hard work by not choosing the right colours, and can't afford to keep repainting.

Feel like I'm drowning in paint colours!

If pictures would help, if you could let me know, I'll upload some

Thank you!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.