shweta1sharma

Rental living/dining room redesign

Shweta Sh
7 years ago

Hi,

My landlord has kindly agreed to update the current furniture in my rented flat. My style is contemporary, lux, Scandinavian, but I do want the space to feel cosy and welcoming. The space is slightly difficult with the angles and fitted features such as fireplace and window, but I am looking for advice on how to layout the room and what type of furniture would be best. I would like to incorporate a sofa bed (ideally L-shape to add seating space), dinning room table and some storage and a TV unit. The budget is tight (under £800) and so all ideas welcome! Some aspects like the floor and blinds have to stay and anything I change (aside from furniture, I can also up cycling any pine/wooded furniture featured) would need to be changed back if I materially change it. My thoughts are that there is too much furniture and the items are too big for the space.

Thank you in advance for your ideas!

Attached are some images and rough current layout and dimensions.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.