joeymc73

extraction fan for kitchen island

joeymc73
7 years ago

Wood Handle-less Kitchen · More Info

Hi, I wondered if anyone could advise me regarding an extraction fan. I am about to build a large open plan kitchen, dining, living room. The room is around 13m x 6.6m and the ceiling height is 3.2m. The kitchen/dining area is roughly 6m x 6.6m but as it's all open plan I assume I would have to take the whole area to figure out the rate of extraction I need. I am planning on an induction hob on my island and would like to use a ceiling extractor fan. I was going to get the joiner to build me a false ceiling over the island for the extractor to sit flush in but I don't want it to have to come down further than 600/700mm. i had something similar to this in mind with the extractor in the false ceiling.

So, my question is can anyone recommend a ceiling extractor that would have a strong enough extraction rate to sit that far above the hob? I intend to ask the joiner to duct this to the outside.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give to me.

Joanne

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.