t_tallett

Advice on balancing out the front of my house

Monica Friend
6 years ago

Morning All

As you can see our extension is underway, the idea was to get it resembling a double fronted/doll house kind of look.

The windows on the extension will as much as possible mirror the existing windows.....but here is my problem.

Once it's finished it won't look balanced?

The small family bathroom window above front door will not be central (not an option to make it bigger or move it)

we could. move or replace the canopy over the front door - what would look good I don't know. The front door is being replaced with a grey composite front door, a wide one with a side panel either on one side or both to enable us to remove that little window next to the front door.

Can anyone see anything really obvious that I could do to help balance out the front? I thought about putting some cladding next to the small bathroom window to give illusion of width but just a small piece of cladding might look really odd?

if you can see anything I could do please tell me!

This is a pic of the drawings as to what the finished house will look like

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.