emmakivuva

Cladding advice please

Emma Kivuva
I am having a 2 story extension built on the rear of my 1950s semi. The ground floor is brick and the top floor will be a timber frame construction with cladding. The windows will be grey aluminium. The side of the house where the extension is attached is brick. It is 4.5m deep and 6m wide

I need a relatively maintenance free cladding and something that will last many many years so am looking at wood alternatives. I love the look of new wood but not when it weathers. I've looked at some wood-effect samples but they don't look particularly like wood. So I don't know if a coloured cladding would be better or if I should keep looking for a good wood effect. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you very much.