kendoerr

Kitchen total refurb/layout

Ken Doerr
28 January, 2018
Finally got round to the kitchen after doing 4 bedrooms, Lounge, dining room, conservatory, bathroom and two ensuites. Oh, and a self-contained studio apartment. (Where did 14 years go!)

So, the house is a single storey converted farm building; south facing with windows only on the south. Adjoining house to north negates all but one window in bedroom hallway and complicates roof architecture.

The Kitchen literally is the hub of the house and has 3 doors for passage to all spaces bar the lounge. 5 x 6 m with a 4 pane window. Heavy beams to a flat ceiling and always dark without the lights on.

First job - (PLEASE let there be light!) So, following on from a design used in the long broom corridor, I'm making a skylight using flat panel LED units, 6 at 600 x 600mm in a later ceiling arrangement. The rafters will be panelled over with painted timber.

This is where I'm up to - I'll post my design layout later. Ideas, comments, advice very welcome. apart from plastering the later ceiling and gas pipes, I'll be doing everything myself.