creakaatje

chigaco brick

Where can I get this exact chicago brick in Austin TX? I am close to finishing my house but have to make a quick descision on changing the plans on my library fireplace. I know this brick is what my husband likes.
Sam AllenCustom Home Design · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    Since the brick is actually reclaimed as they tear down buildings in Chicago...you can never be sure exactly what you'll get. We just go to the supply yard and look at the bundles. Check with your local supplier.
  • PRO
    HX Home Solutions and North Star Stone
    10 years ago
    Is it the color of the brick he likes? If that's the case, you could custom color a stone veneer to match. We offer this option and can ship if needed. (we're in Chicago) If it's the mortar he likes with the color combo, you can match a stone veneer with that mortar color and get a similar look.

Otherwise the supply yards would be a good bet, but you would need to do a little searching which might be difficult from Austin to match the exact brick.
  • PRO
    Colonial Brick
    10 years ago
    I don't know if you are still looking for the Chicago brick. Our company deals only in reclaimed Chicago brick and we also manufacture brick veneer from the Chicago reclaims. Additionally, you can reach out to our distributors there in Austin: Material Products International and Elgin Butler. They should both have some Chicago brick on the Ground
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.