lucekirkland

Ok to not match wooden furniture to dark oak flooring throughout?

Lucy Kirkland
5 years ago

Hello,

I've gone a bit crazy thinking about what colour furniture to put in our new home, which has dark oak flooring throughout. Attached is a picture of the flooring shade (and the actual kitchen as it is now - we've yet to move in - ignore the furniture in this picture). Also attached is the dining table I've fallen in love with in an oak shade and some ideas of chairs I love - all with varying colour legs. I'm hesitant to change the colour of the table as it's such a beautiful table but was hoping to bridge the dark floor with the oak table by using a persian rug - example attached. Is it ok to have an oak coloured table which will actually be very large, against a darker floor and if so what should the dining chair legs follow the shade of the table or the floor? Similarly, what colour for bar stools? Gaaaaah, see!!! I've gone mad!

Thank you all in advance for any gu

idance here. I'd like it to look the best it can rather than just 'get away with something' so happy to scrap my ideas so far and go back to the drawing board!!

Lucy

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.