lathrops12

Cambria Crowndale

Karen L
5 years ago

Has anyone installed or have seen Cambria's new Crowndale color in person? I've seen a sample of it and it looks at lot like Berwyn. I am considering putting it in my new kitchen, but I am hesitant because it is such a new color and there aren't any pictures out there other than what is on Cambria's website. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (56)

• Deborah and Chester Pazdziorny
    4 years ago

Yes it does and everyone comments how beautiful it is in my new kitchen!

• Penny Conn
    4 years ago

Pretty!I would love to know what your paint choice is, Deborah!

• Anne
    4 years ago

Beautiful! are those wood look tiles? Can you tell me where they came from and the name?

• nancy smith
    4 years ago

Does it have a green tint? I assume we are looking at crowndale,we are considering it for our kitchen with walnut cabinets by

• mamawarrior
    4 years ago

Just had crowndale installed. I have the old but great shape oak cabinets. Crowndale does have a green tint to it and little flecks of sparkles. Its beautiful but hard to describe. I have considered painting or staining my cabinets darker and definitely think it would look beautiful with walnut cabinets.

4 years ago

Penny Coon my paint is Benjamin Moore Pashmina. Anne, they are wood look porcelain tiles About 7 1/2” by 31 1/2”. Don’t know name, my husband threw out box. Nancy, As far as the Crowndale having a green tint...I don’t see that at all in mine, but I think it probably would depend on the other colors you are using, I just absolutely love the Crowndale. I was going for a warm, taupe look and I found it. We are working on our backsplash now and are using a light taupe gray subway tile. Did not want to use white because our cabinets are white.

• mamawarrior
    4 years ago

Deborah, what tile are you using for backsplash. I am also looking for a light taupe. I would agree with you on the green tint, dependant on the other colors and the lighting. I believe mine is showing a bit of green because of those reasons The crowndale is beautiful.

• Sonja Lundberg Martin
    4 years ago

I wanted to use Crowndale but have hedged because I see green too! Pictures on Cambria’s website show more brown tones. Totally confusing!

• amj2124
    4 years ago

I have a sample and see the green tones. My favorite so far. Haven’t gotten far enough to pick out backsplash.

• Jolynne Sweet
    4 years ago

The Crowndale shows green predominantly. I had it installed today. Looking across the room with my tans and browns, it doesn’t blend. I am hoping that with a neutral cream subway tile and some strategically placed rugs, I can tone the green down. I talked to Cambria on several

different occasions to insure it had warm tans and browns. Not grays. It has gray and green. The sample tile I had of Crowndale didnt have that strong Green vein. It was more dark brown. I question if my installer gave me Berwyn ???? I’m going to research it further. Look at the actual slab before they start fabricating to fit your space, if possible !!

• Diana Thompson
    3 years ago

Here is my crowndale with old oak cabinets. Unfortunately i could not justify getting new cabinets as mine were in great shape and a close up of my crowndale. I do have recessed lighting in the kitchen which affects the color depending on which bulbs you use.

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

We have just installed Crowndale with natural Alder cabinets and honey stained red oak floors. in a remodel. Ive been in a dilemma about backsplash, but took a quartz sample to our local tile store. The assistant immediately selected a 3 x 12” homemade brick look subway tile called Rustica in Natural (made in Spain). It is just the touch we needed to bring together the warmth. I didn’t even look at any other products. I will post pictures when we finish grouting!

• Karen L
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I can't wait to see the pictures - the backsplash sounds beautiful!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hoping to grout today! Rustica Natural 3 x 12” tile. Also available in 3 x 6”.

I can never get a good picture of the true color of the Crowndale. The colors in the pictures always appear darker. I think they should name it Chameleon! We are still trying to decide on wall color for the adjoining breakfast dining area. I am leaning toward a gray with green undertones if we can find the right one. Have tried many samples.

3 years ago

We used BEnjamin Moore Pashmina. A griege that matches perfectly.

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Thanks. I saw that in another post. A color for consideration!

• Diana Thompson
    3 years ago

I had painted with a Sherwin Williams, Gracious Greige, about 6 mos before picking out my countertops and thankfully it matches beautifully. I also had a difficult time picking out a kitchen backsplash tile to match my countertops and cabinets. I ended up with a 2.5 by 15 subway tile in an ocean white. White but not stark white. Looks very similar to your tile and actually having it installed tomorrow. It appears my color cabinets and counters may be a somewhat similar to yours.

• Jolynne Sweet
    3 years ago

Here is the picture of our completed kitchen with Cambria Crowndale. I love the way it all turned out. I was surprised with the initial installation / color in my lighting and room, as the color is predominantly green. I had looked at the website and spoken with Cambria representatives on numerous occasions before selecting this new color. They had assured me of the warmer browns and taupe as seen in their companion paints online. I had a Crowndale color sample and had chosen paint colors, tile, etc. from that sample. The heavy green vein was not in my particular sample. With that being said...I absolutely love the colors now. I have added some deep greens and greige to my decor with much success. Our new kitchen is the center of our home and is open into our family room. We all love it and everyone that comes over raves about our beautiful countertops !! They are truly the show piece

of our kitchen. The colors in the quartz are fresh and welcoming, with just the right sparkle

• Karen L
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

• Julie Peterson
    3 years ago

I did not have time to read this whole thread, but your new countertops are beautiful! Where did you get them from? Your kitchen is beautiful!

• Jolynne Sweet
    3 years ago

We used A1 Flooring in Amarillo Texas

• Julie Peterson
    3 years ago

Thank you so much, Jolynne!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Jolynne, I love the way your kitchen turned out. I also love the sparkle in the quartz! Your kitchen is beautiful!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Diana, please post pics of your finished kitchen!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Tile with grout.

Grout still needs to finish drying. Will be lighter in color. Then caulk and the faucet!

• Diana Thompson
    3 years ago

Beautiful.

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Diana, we like SW paints. I searched, but can only find Windsor Greige, Perfect Greige and Mega Greige. Maybe it’s another name? The BM Pashmina seems a bit darker than what I’d prefer.

• Jolynne Sweet
    3 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, Marian ! New construction or renovation ?

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Thanks! Renovation using same custom made cabinets (20 years old) in same configuration. Had to take out all cabinets and replace subfloor and hardwood due to water damage and rot. Still have a few odds and ends to finish and paint breakfast area. My husband says it all started because I wanted new countertops. lol

• Diana Thompson
    3 years ago

Marian, your kitchen looks great. I love the tile, it looks so good with the cabinets and counter top.

I found this online for gracious greige. I bought it at lowes but it is a sherwin williams paint. I still have a half of can in the garage. It is a light griege and matches the greige splotches on the cambria.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/HGTV-HOME-by-Sherwin-Williams-Gracious-Greige-Interior-Paint-Sample-Actual-Net-Contents-8-fl-oz/1000879624

The RGB values for Sherwin Williams HGSW2456 Gracious Greige are 214, 209, 198 and the HEX code is D6D1C6. The LRV for Sherwin Williams HGSW2456 Gracious Greige is 63.85.

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Thanks! Sherwin Williams should be able to pull it up on their computer.. We go to Lowes every other day (lol), so ‘ll look at a swatch. I really like the color!

• Karen L
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Marian - your kitchen turned out great! Love that backsplash! Looks even better with the grout : ) Enjoy your beautiful kitchen!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Thank you Karen!

• Julie Peterson
    3 years ago

Marian, your counter tops are stunning your kitchen looks amazing! I hope you enjoy your pretty kitchen!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Jolynne, Did you use Benjamin Moore Coastal Path paint for your walls, as recommended by Cambria?

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Thank you, Julia! I’m already enjoying it!

• PRO
    CabAve
    3 years ago

Hi Karen, we always suggest to take a trip to the counter top fabricator to see the large slabs in person before it's installed. This way you can see the larger slab to see if you like it or you may even find something else you like better! Bring one of your cabinet doors with you to make sure the colors go well together. We love Cambria, and I'm sure it will look beautiful in your space! Good luck!!

• Marian Hyslop
    3 years ago

Ended up painting the walls Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. Love it.

• Tina
    3 years ago

Karen L thanked Tina
  • Mari-Jo M
    2 years ago

It is gorgeous! Lots of sparkle

• bobles5
    2 years ago

Hi Marian...I was wondering if you would know the brand of tile you used for your backsplash?

• Marian Hyslop
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I see it listed as Vintage (Rustica) Natural. When Ii ourchased it, it was Rustica. if you search for Vintage Rustica Natural it shows up. They are 3” x 12”. Made in Spain. PS I still love the backsplash, as well as the Cambria Crowndale oattern!

• bobles5
    2 years ago

I can see why you love it...it's all very pretty! Thank you for letting me know, I will see what I can find!

• Marian Hyslop
    2 years ago

Thanks!

• Pam Beck
    last year

I used the Cambria Crowndale love it I have cherry cabinets and want to paint them any color suggestions? I have a white subway backsplash with light gray grout.

• ljbotte
    last year

I used the Cambria Crowndale and love it. I do not see any green in it, but I hoped to bring out some by using a soft sage natural tile as a backsplash.

• Marian Hyslop
    last year

Wow! Thats beautiful. It turned out great.

• Tl Howard
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

There is a green tint in Crowndale, seen under certain lighting conditions of your home. You can mix brown and yellow to get tan, which can give a green undertone, or brown and green to get a khaki color, which is what my LCD monitor seems to suggest comprises Crowndale. It winds up being a very neutral color, able to go with warm tones and cool tones in your homes. The "cream" in Crowndale is not a warm cream but a cool cream.

I also suspect that the intensity of the brown "outlines" differ from lot to lot, which is a characteristic of the swirly type designs. This difference in intensity of the brown would greatly affect whether a green tint can be observed in their home.

• Marian Hyslop
    4 months ago

Heather, try to find a kitchen/bath store that has a large (8”x8”) sample of Berwyn that they will let you check out. You may have to put down a deposit, but they’ll usually refund it when you return it. Then you can see it in your home lighting with your cabinets. It really helps!

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.