emily_f23

Show & Tell: Anyone in London a proud owner of underfloor heating?

Emily F
5 years ago

I just purchased my first home near Clapham Junction!
It is a Victorian home that was previously rented; so it is detinitely in need of work. Given how extensive my planned renovations will be, I am debating about re-doing the place from literally ground-up -- starting with the floors. Though I have budgeted for the installation of underfloor heating with a faux-wood porcelain "planks" throughout my entire home (not just in the bathroom), wondering:
A) how does the flooring feel in comparison with real hardwood? In the winter are the tiles dreadfully cold when the heating is off?
B) given London winter temperatures how often do you keep your heat on? Did you end up realising cost savings?
C) Any local tradesmen recommendations?
Note: if you're the proud owner of underfloor heating **bonus** and porcelain tile floors throughout your home, pictures and descriptions much appreciated!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.