sam_potter37

Tiny student study/sleep space

Sam Potter
4 years ago

My student daughter's tiny room and the space on the landing where she keeps her stuff are desperately in need of a re-think.

She's doing a Phd and spends most of her time in this room, and I'd like to make it more comfortable for her. She'd like more storage for books in particular. 

Most of her clothes are stored on the landing, in the big built-in cupboard and the tallboy next to it. There are also drawers under the bed. 

She likes classic townhouse/gentleman's club style with a feminine edge. She likes pale walls and dark furniture, and hates blue. She'd like velvet curtains and would like to keep the writing desk, but might be persuaded to give it up if what replaced it vastly increased storage and study space. 

I'm out of ideas. The space is so tiny, but I'm hoping Houzzers might have some suggestion.

Comments (59)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.